Friday, August 31, 2018

A fresh start. A new beginning

Okay, I admit it right at the onset that blogging is not something that comes naturally to me. Yet, I do, at times, feel the urge to express myself on certain issues and there's no better medium for doing so for a commoner like me than the blog. That's the reason that prompted me to take up this medium for the first time around a decade or so back.

Now, my first experience with this fascinating medium was a reasonably good one as, to my own pleasant surprise, I somehow did manage to get some kind words of encouragements from a few readers. But after the promising start, I failed to keep the momentum going (damn..this cricketing influence on my vocab!) As a result, the blog started being updated only once in every blue moon and gradually went completely dormant.
Tried reviving it some years later, around 2011-12 but soon 'Nirbhaya' and the 'India Against Corruption' movements happened and since then, like many a young men and women my age, Politics took a precedence over pretty much everything in my life with the sole exception of my family. As a result, blogging once again had to take a backseat.

All in all, it'll be fair to say that my first two attempts at blogging didn't really go all that well. 

So, this will be my third attempt at blogging and I must thank a dear friend of mine, Parul of the Vartikasdiary fame for encouraging me to give it another go. Thank you for being a constant source of inspiration and motivation, Parul!

This time around, I'll try my best to not repeat the same mistakes from my earlier attempts and update my blog as frequently as possible with posts on varying topics, and not just sports or sher-o-shaayari/poetry.

Wish me well, folks 🙂

2 comments:

Vartika said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere, Sudeept. I am sure you are going to rock it. Looking forward to reading your amazing posts. And, thanks for the mention and surprising me. I am touched.

Priyanka said...

You already have a good command over languages you speak, and of course you express everything so aptly too. So, command (check). Motivation (check)
What else is required?... just a topic. All the best, friend.